If you want to take care of your car property.
it is vital that drivers understand the way to maintain the car‘s engine. The majority of vehicle cost is really expensive. Which is undoubtedly a small fortune. when compares with the various other sorts of vehicles.Engine capabilities is normally on a more fantastic range regarding speed,responsiveness ,acceleration, plus braking .
you know the feeling if your car has been running hot.
An overheating engine is more than a bummer, it will leave you on the side of the road if you do not take good care of this good killer,it will be an expensive repair bill.Let us pray that traffic breaks enough for us to get some air flowing over the radiator so that engine temperature needle will go down just a little bit. there are only a few things that commonly cause an engine to overheat regularly.
–Engine coolant level may be too low.
–There may be a vacuum leak.
–Cylinder head gasket may be bad.
–Engine’s drive belts may be broken or slipping.
–There may be a leak in the cooling system.
–The electric cooling fan may not be coming on.
–The ignition timing may be set wrong.
–The engine may have mechanical problems.
–2012 Dodge Challenger SXT is over loaded or driven too hard.
In some cases your engine may be running fine, and may seem to be cured of its overheating problem except on extended drives or long sits in traffic. Maybe this is the case with your 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT check out your 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT yourself you know what is the matter.
You may meet engine runs fine but gets very hot while driving. What is this problem?It usually occurs after moderate to extended periods of driving. You should notice steam coming from the hood or smell coolant. The overheating can ruin a trip. If you are driving and notice the temperature gauge is all the way up to the “H,” your 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT is “running hot” and overheating will occur shortly. It causes damage to the engine each time overheating occurs.
2012 Dodge Challenger SXT overheating problems can be costly. If you want to avoid the delays and costs overheating causes, follow these tips. Read on to know what you should do when your car seems ready to overheat.
1. Electric Cooling Fan Failure An electric cooling fan which isn’t coming on can cause your engine to overheat. When your 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT isn’t going fast enough to ram it through from the front the electric cooling fan draws cooler air through your radiator. You can test this by letting your car idle long enough for the engine to heat up. Keep an eye on your temperature gauge if you’ve been having an overheating problem in traffic. When it starts creeping into the danger zone, look under the hood to see if your electric fan is running. If it’s not, you’ll need to figure out why. There are two usual causes to this:
One is Bad Electric Fan and the other is Bad Radiator Fan Switch.
2. Clogged Radiator If your 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT has more than 50,000 miles on it, your radiator could start getting gummed up. By flushing your radiatorevery year,You can avoid this and other problems associated with old coolant.There’s nothing good about an overheating problem. You should try to fix the problem as quickly as possible if your engine is running hot. A hot engine can do damage to itself, even if you aren’t going into a full overheating.And also you should Check your oil regularly to be sure you are providing adequate lubrication to your engine, everything you can do to reduce heat buildup helps! If you’ve checked these more common causes of overheating ,check out this advanced overheating troubleshootingguide for more answers!
3. Low Coolant By a large margin, the most common cause for engine overheating is simply a low coolant level. Your engine’s cooling system relies on coolant to circulate and remove heat from the engine .HGeat will build up and your engine will overheat, If you don’t have enough coolant in there to do the job. No amount of running the heater in the summer will help if you don’t have enough coolant in the radiator to transfer that heat. By far, the first thing you should do if your engine seems to be running hot is check your coolant level.
4. Thermostat Not Opening The most common symptom of a failed thermostat is overheating at highway speeds. Your engine may be able to stay cool at low speeds because it’s not working that hard, and therefore not creating as much heat. But at highway speeds your engine needs lots of coolant flowing through. If the thermostat doesn’t open, there isn’t enough flow to keep things cool, and you’ll find yourself looking more like a steam ship than a sedan going down the highway.
5. Broken Fan Belt There are still lots of engines out there which have a fan belt to drive the engine cooling fan. If you see a belt attached to your fan, you’re in this club. The good news is your repair is always cheaper than the electric guys. You can replace your fan belt easily if it’s broken.
It’s always a good idea to keep a flashlight, supply of water, antifreeze and brake fluid in your car. Having these items on-hand and knowing how to check your antifreeze is really necessary for your 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT. If your 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT continues to “run hot”, do have a qualified mechanic diagnose the problem. Overheating is an issue that should never be ignored and should be addressed promptly.